in the nature reserve Altmühltal
Greding is located between Nuremberg and Munich, directly at the motorway A9. Our hotel can be reached easily and directly through the exit “Greding”, we're 100 meters from the highway (see also under Directions).
Greding - a nationally recognized resort - was first mentioned in documents in the year 1109. Numerous testimonies of history invite you to an interesting and worth seeing tour:
Stroll along the historic city wall with its well-preserved towers and city gates, visit the romanesque Basilica of St. Martin and the “Karner” (an ossuary from the time of pestilence). Continue to the museum of nature and man, the arch bishops castle and numerous restaurants and pubs in the historic city center.
Our offers for active holidays
- Modern indoor pool with sauna and sunbathing area directly in Greding
- Fishing on the Schwarzach
- Cycling and walking through the nature reserve Altmühltal
(bike transfer can be provided by our partners)
- Well-developed network of hiking trails
- Rest and recreation while hiking through our extensive deciduous and mixed forests.
- Tip: Culture trail “Heimbacher Bildstockweg”
- Nature trail in the “Kaisinger valley”
- Boat and canoe trips on the Altmühl river
- Climbing and hiking in the Altmühltal
- Boat trip on the Rhein-Main-Donau Kanal
- Recreation area “Kratzmühle” at the nearby Beilngries
- Trip to the Franconian lake district: Altmühlsee, Brombachsee or Rothsee
- Guided walks through the historic city center with numerous sights
- and much more…
Events in Greding
||1 week before Easter
||2 weeks before Pentecost
|Triathlon||2nd Sunday in July
||Festival Sunday “Volksfestsonntag"
|Old Town Festival
||on the last Sunday in August
||1st Weekend in September|
|Christmas market||2nd Sunday in Advent
|Gredinger "cabaret in historic walls"
||from May to October